Michael David Gallego opened Cheveux Hair and Makeup Salon in San Marino in January 2012 after years as a professional hair and makeup stylist. Dedicated to all things beautiful, Michael is committed to family and community involvement as he strives to make the world more beautiful one face at a time.
Michael developed his eye for fashion, beauty and makeup during his early career in the music business, and his transition from music to beauty was natural. As a graduate of the International Academy of Cosmetology, Michael trained with the industry’s top professionals. He honed his craft through additional training with leaders such Toni & Guy, L’Oreal Professionnel, and Oribe. He has produced hundreds of professional photo shoots and multiple fashion shows, and has been seen in publications such as Salon City, Ladies Home Journal, American Salon, Modern Salon, and Stylist Magazine. He is credited for hair and makeup on both film and television productions and is a red carpet specialist for the Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, and Billboard Music Awards. Current with new styles and techniques, Michael gives his clients a contemporary, fashionable look that suits their lifestyle. Personal service every time makes the Cheveux Hair and Makeup experience unique.
Local Awards and Affiliations:
- Pasadena Weekly’s Best of Pasadena 2012 Best Local Makeup Artist
- Board Member, San Marino Chamber of Commerce 2012-current
- Member, Pasadena Chamber of Commerce 1990-current
- Makeup Consultants Milani Cosmetics 2010-current
- Creative Director Hair and Makeup, National Charity League, Inc. Pasadena Area Chapter, Modelette 2005-2013
- Creative Director Hair and Makeup, Style Uncorked 2009-2010
Click on PORTFOLIO to see photographs of Michael Gallego’s work.